Can i sue the hospital for not asking the father of my child if he wanted to cut the umbilical cord?

Mount Wolf, PA |
Filed under: Medical malpractice

instead of asking him they let a training nurse do it.

No. Maybe not the best practice by not asking, but not malpractice.

I'm sorry, but no.

I am sorry your husband was denied the experience. Unfortunately, no, there is no medical malpractice here. Medical malpractice involved harm caused as a result of failing to keep to certain standards. Fortunately there is no physical damage to be had here, and no failure of the standard of medical care doctors and nurses are required to follow.

For a free consultation related to medical malpractice, personal injury, workers' compensation, social security disability or nursing home abuse, please contact Lowenthal & Abrams, PC at 1-800-876-5299. I am licensed in Pennsylvania, but members of my firm are licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance. I am licensed to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania.