Can i sue the hospital for messing up my back by trying to put my epidural in more time then they should have?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jamestown, NY

i had my baby 8 months ago, ever since i had her my back has been hurting extremely to the point where i cant work. it hurts all day everyday. the sharp pains go in my back (having to make me stiffen up till it goes away) up through my neck, and to my head giving me bad migranes. what should i do?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

11

Answered . You need an expert to say the hospital or doctor was negligent. Get your medical records and take them to a local attorney who specializes in medical malpractice cases.

2. Gregory Scott Gennarelli

Pro

11

Answered . If the problem was caused by the anesthesiologist, you may want to look into it with a local malpractice attorney. However, as with any procedure, there are always risks. One of the risks of an epidural, however small, is a problem at the level at which the epidural is placed. You may also have developed some problems during the pregnancy. Be sure to consult with someone experienced in malpractice cases in your area.

3. David J. McCormick

9

Answered . Before any lawsuit is filed your medical records need to be reviewed by a malpractice attorney to see if you even have a case.

Pro

8

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about this. The only way you will know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order your medical records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

3

Answered . These are highly technical cases that need to be investigated. Not many lawyers know how to prosecute such a case. I can give you a referral if you would like. We can be reached toll free at 1-877-996-6849.

6. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

1

Answered . Sounds like a medical malpractice issues requiring costly experts. You have2 and a half years to sue in NY.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights. Good Luck!

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.
    “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com

One or more answers have been taken down.