Skip to main content

Can I sue the hospital

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Personal injury

When I had my epidural done I'm am almost certain an inter did it and went too deep (past) the correct spot. Now I have severe back pain right in that spot and its been almost 11 months

Attorney Answers 4


Based on your question, it sounds like you would be well served by visiting a doctor and making sure there are not any issues going on that you may not be aware of. That being said, It is not uncommon for woman to experience back pain long after an epidural. If a doctor says there is a connection between the epidural and pain you could sue. Good luck.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


See a doctor to get a diagnosis and prognosis, and have a local malpractice lawyer review your records.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Consult a local medical malpractice attorney to review your records as you may have a case. You will need to seek another doctor's care to opine what it is causing your back pain and relate that to the procedure.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Yes, you can sue the hospital. However, filing a lawsuit and winning one are two entirely different things. Your claim is likely against the individual, probably an anesthesiologist, who placed the epidural needle in your spinal canal. Anesthesiolologists are generally not hopsital employees, so hospitals are generally not exposed to liability in this kind of case.

In any event, I suggest that you promptly consult a Houston plaintiffs' lawyer who is certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. A link to the Board's website appears below. This is a potential health care liability claim. Due to their legal, factual and medical complexity, as well as the considerable expense involved, it is virtually impossible for a lay person to pursue one successfully on his or her own.

Good luck.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics