Skip to main content

Can I sue the guy i was dating?

Cerritos, CA |

he made me beleive he was single and he refuse to use condom when we have sex, then i discovered he had a girlfriend in another country and not only that one day he took me to his house and i saw blood in his bed so I asked him if that blood was from a woman that he slept with and he say no, but then I called him and catched him talking with her girlfriend from the other country and then I push and push and he admited everything I have a text from him telling me about the blood was from another woman. can I sue that lier, I cant sleep, I cant work, I am taking TSD test soon.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Law does not have a solution to all of llife's problems. However upsetting, you have no "legal""damages" and no cause of action.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


What would you be suing him for? Lying? Cheating? No can do. If he gave you a sexually transmitted disease, then maybe you have a cause of action. Otherwise, you need to count your blessings, be glad that you found out before marriage or having children, and move on. Good luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button or "Best Answer" at the bottom of this answer. By answering this question, the Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not intend to form an attorney-client relationship with the asking party. The answers posted on this website should not be construed as legal advice. The Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not make any representations about your family law matter, but rather, seeks to provide general information to the public about family-law related matters. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case. Thank you.

Michael Charles Doland

Michael Charles Doland


Ms. Norton, and Mr. Conviser below, are precisely correct in their observations regarding STD.


If you discover that you caught a STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) from him, you can file a lawsuit against him for negligence and battery (his nondisclosure of the STD to you would make the sex that you had with him nonconsentual). Beware of the Statute of Limitations. Consult with an experienced Civil Litigator regarding your claim if you are diagnosed with an STD. Aside from that, you likely won't have a remedy for your broken heart.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer