Can I sue the guy i was dating?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cerritos, CA

he made me beleive he was single and he refuse to use condom when we have sex, then i discovered he had a girlfriend in another country and not only that one day he took me to his house and i saw blood in his bed so I asked him if that blood was from a woman that he slept with and he say no, but then I called him and catched him talking with her girlfriend from the other country and then I push and push and he admited everything I have a text from him telling me about the blood was from another woman. can I sue that lier, I cant sleep, I cant work, I am taking TSD test soon.

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

3

Answered . What would you be suing him for? Lying? Cheating? No can do. If he gave you a sexually transmitted disease, then maybe you have a cause of action. Otherwise, you need to count your blessings, be glad that you found out before marriage or having children, and move on. Good luck to you.

2. Donald Frederick Conviser

3

Answered . If you discover that you caught a STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) from him, you can file a lawsuit against him for negligence and battery (his nondisclosure of the STD to you would make the sex that you had with him nonconsentual). Beware of the Statute of Limitations. Consult with an experienced Civil Litigator regarding your claim if you are diagnosed with an STD. Aside from that, you likely won't have a remedy for your broken heart.

3. Michael Charles Doland

2

Answered . Law does not have a solution to all of llife's problems. However upsetting, you have no "legal""damages" and no cause of action.