Can I sue the Goodwill for negligence if my grandma tripped on merchandise left on the floor?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Grandma fell at the local Goodwill store when she tripped on merchandise left on the floor. She is currently in the hospital and will require surgery scheduled for tomorrow. She has medical but dont know how much of the medical expenses they will cover.

1. Michael R Crosner

5

Answered . You need to contact a good personal injury attorney - many, like myself handle trip & fall accidents & offer free initial consultations. She may well have a good case, but need to know much more facts. Hope all goes well with her surgery!!!! If there is a good case all her reasonable medical charges past & future will be recovered, plus additional money for all her pain & suffering.

2. Matthew C Simon

Pro

5

Answered . Its possible depending on the specific facts of your case. Seek a personal injury attorney in your area ASAP. Good luck.

3. Michael Shemtoub

3

Answered . You need to get a copy of the incident report and any other documentation, such as your grandmother’s medical records, and have them reviewed by an attorney who is experienced in such claims and can represent your grandmother’s interests. I have personally dealt with other California claims of a similar nature. I have worked personally on numerous injury cases and it is important for you to know that time is of the essence when bringing an action forward. Having proper representation can protect your cause of action. Best of luck to you.

4. Andrew Daniel Myers

4

Answered . Whether or not there is a valid claim for negligence regarding a trip and fall over merchandise on the floor requires analysis of many details. The fact of a trip and fall, without more, does not mean the store owes anyone anything. Here's what is meant by "more": [Blue-Link-Below]

Pro

2

Answered . There are typically grounds for a lawsuit for negligence with respect to improper placing of merchandise, falling merchandise, etc. Retain a local personal injury lawyer to investigate a claim.