Can I sue the detergent companies for getting sick from the smell of their product and my eyes also buring from the chemical ?

Aurora, IL |

have contacted proctor and Gamel and told them . do not use these products . I ahve to use purfume and dye free products . My kids come home from school smelling like this stuff their clothes ,Hair ,backpack . I literally get sick from the smell and my eyes burn and itch like crazy .

The flip answer is that anyone can sue anyone for anything (which is not exactly true, by the way) but what you really want to know is whether you have any chance of success in such a legal action. The answer is clearly no. As a plaintiff you must prove a direct relationship between the action of the defendant and your damages, that the defendant has done something it shouldn't and that it has caused your damages. Be aware that frivolous lawsuits are punished with attorney fee awards against the plaintiff.

You really need to look for other solutions for your discomfort.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Proctor and gamble is worried about money more than anything else. I have a two year client who died from one of their products, and they have done nothing to prevent it from happening again. You can sue, but you do not have enough damages to make it worth your time.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

As the other lawyers stated, it doesn't sound like you have sufficient damages to justify bringing an individual lawsuit against P&G. However, if one could prove scientifically that P&G is manufacturing and distributing a defective and dangerous product, then it could be the basis for a class action lawsuit. This is because damages to a large number of purchaser/users of this product, in aggregate, could justify bringing suit. If you really think you have been harmed and that the product is defective and dangerous, you should consult with a class action lawyer to evaluate your case. Avvo is a great place to find such lawyers.

Legal Information is Not Legal Advice My answer provides information about the law based on the limited information provided in the questions asked and is not intended to provide legal advice or opinions, and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. The answer to the question is for educational and informational purposes only. The law differs in each jurisdiction and may be interpreted or applied differently depending on the jurisdiction or situation. Accordingly, I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney to discuss the details of your problem so you can get legal advice tailored to your particular circumstances.

Recommended articles about Personal injury