CAN I SUE THE DEPT OF PAROLE FOR THE INFRINGMENT OF MY CIVIL LIBERTIES

Asked 6 months ago - Bronx, NY

I AM BEING DENIED TO LIVE WITH MY FUTURE WIFE AND HAVE MY CHILDREN STAY WITH ME BECAUSE OF AN EXPIRE ORDER OF PROTECTION WITH A DIFFERANT WOMAN (MOTHER OF CHILDREN) AND MY CRIMINAL CASE OF ASSAULT ON A PEACE OFFICER I HAVE COURT ORDER VISITATION WITH THE CHILDREN AND BECAUSE OR THE LOCATION OF THE VISIT IS THAT OF THE RESIDANCE WHICH I AM BEING DENIED TO LIVE IN. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ARRESTED NOR CHARGE FOR DOMESTIC VIOLANCE.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

7

Answered . The Courts have upheld Parole's right to deny people the right to live together under similar circumstances.

2. Thomas J. Wagner

5

Answered . I don't see a violation of your constitutiomal rights in what you have posted. Bring all the details to a civil rights attorney who has. Successfully sued for violation of civil rights who can tell you whether you have a viable case.

3. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

Answered . This would not necessarily be the basis for a lawsuit - yet. First, you'd need to exhaust your administrative remedies by challenging Parol's directives. You'd need to retain a Criminal Law attorney to do so. If this doesn't succeed, then you may consult a civil rights lawyer.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  4. Greg Lavender

Pro

1

Answered . You do not have the same rights of ordinary citizens while on parole. I don't see a violation of your rights.