CAN I SUE THE DEPT OF PAROLE FOR THE INFRINGMENT OF MY CIVIL LIBERTIES

Bronx, NY |

I AM BEING DENIED TO LIVE WITH MY FUTURE WIFE AND HAVE MY CHILDREN STAY WITH ME BECAUSE OF AN EXPIRE ORDER OF PROTECTION WITH A DIFFERANT WOMAN (MOTHER OF CHILDREN) AND MY CRIMINAL CASE OF ASSAULT ON A PEACE OFFICER I HAVE COURT ORDER VISITATION WITH THE CHILDREN AND BECAUSE OR THE LOCATION OF THE VISIT IS THAT OF THE RESIDANCE WHICH I AM BEING DENIED TO LIVE IN. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ARRESTED NOR CHARGE FOR DOMESTIC VIOLANCE.

I don't see a violation of your constitutiomal rights in what you have posted. Bring all the details to a civil rights attorney who has. Successfully sued for violation of civil rights who can tell you whether you have a viable case.

The Courts have upheld Parole's right to deny people the right to live together under similar circumstances.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been handling criminal defense and personal injury cases for over 17 years. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails, is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

You do not have the same rights of ordinary citizens while on parole. I don't see a violation of your rights.

This would not necessarily be the basis for a lawsuit - yet. First, you'd need to exhaust your administrative remedies by challenging Parol's directives. You'd need to retain a Criminal Law attorney to do so. If this doesn't succeed, then you may consult a civil rights lawyer.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.