Skip to main content

Can i sue the child support division for negligence and trauma I have suffered due to multiple mistakes by them in my case.

Roseburg, OR |

I have been paying since 2006 all different amounts, lost tax returns and had my credit ruined due to having so much taken from me to pay for my exwife to be on public assistance. I currently received a check where my take home was 47% without overtime I couldn t even pay my bills. what can I do

Attorney Answers 6

  1. You can definitely dispute the amounts you paid and get it corrected for the future b

  2. You can request and accounting and see if there is an error. If they are claiming entitlement to the amount they are taking I would hire an attorney to appeal.

    Good luck.

    AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

  3. this seems very unfair. but when dealing with these guys, it usually is. mistakes are made and many times the dad has to suffer. i am not sure you can sue them for their failures. however, you should be able to convince a judge to give you some relief by their mistakes if proven. contact a local attorney and present that proof.

  4. See a family law atty and try to go in to court and get a reduction of the amount they are taking from paycheck.

  5. More facts are needed to provide a good answer. A local lawyer should look into all the facts and circumstances.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  6. You will not, realistically, be able to sue them, but you should be able to file a motion to modify support to the amount that actually reflects your income. (Assuming you make at least minimum wage. The law presumes that all parents are capable of making at least minimum wage, 40 hours a week, for support calculation purposes. That's $1,525 per month, at this time.) You are entitled to a a review of support amounts every 35 months, and you can also file to modify based on a substantial change in circumstances from the last order - i.e., if you lose a job, &c. You should consult with an attorney in private if you need to do this.

    Note that you will probably think that even the "correct" amount of child support is too high. Everyone who pays support always does.

    Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics