Can I sue the bank for $ 10,000 for delaying my check & so much of hassle ?

New York, NY |

I am having a trouble with my credit card account with the bank & that bank is delaying my check ( $ 450 )for the last 7 months.

They are still working on it & they don't contact me , I have to call them every time to see when I am gonna get my money?

I'm reasonably sure that no judge would think that $10,000 is a reasonable measure of your damages for delaying a $450 check for 7 months. I'm also reasonably sure that suing a bank is very difficult especially if you tried to do it yourself.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

No

Why would you deserve $10,000 over a $450 dispute? You have no right to sue the bank.