Last year, my rental property (single family home) burned down. The past year has been spent dealing with insurance, contractors, etc.... and now trying to rent out the place in winter... a difficult time to try to rent out property). I live hours away so driving to the property is an inconvenience. I was told throughout the entire process that the fire was likely caused by a faulty refrigerator of the tenants' in the garage. I have only just found out through a subrogation attorney that the fire was not caused by the refrigerator; it was likely a cigarette! Since I'd been told it was a faulty refrigerator, I returned tenant's deposit long ago. Now that we know it wasn't the fridge, I'm really upset! Here I was truly caring about the tenants and they caused the fire!!!! Can I sue?