Can I sue Starbucks for denying access to my electronic Wage Stubs and demanding more than I was paid in overpayment reimbursemt

Olympia, WA |

I worked for Starbucks in WA state for approx 4 months. I was a Salaried Asst. Manager and gave proper notice. I realized that I was still being paid a month after I voluntarily terminated. I reported their error on 4/11/14 and was immediately denied access to my pay stubs, benefits online portal- everything. On 5/8 I received a letter with an excel spreadsheet demanding I repay $3754.90. I was only overpaid $1576.58. I have sent emails, letters and made phone calls and no one will respond to answer my questions. Additionally, I discovered the problem when renewing my WA State Childcare subsidy and it was denied because they said Starbucks was still reporting that they were paying me. Now I have no childcare subsidy and Starbucks is trying to make me repay much more than they paid.

Keep disputing. Take everything from them in writing. Document every contact. Push your position hard and if they deny, pursue a legal action. With under $5,000 at issue, you can file a small claim and represent yourself. Good luck!

My answer is just my thought about your question, and not legal advice because you and I do not have an attorney-client relationship, which may begin only if we both sign a retainer agreement. Other lawyers may analyse your situation differently. Also, the answer may be different in your state. Be aware that I may not be licensed in your state. I am only licensed in Washington and Idaho. Be aware that my areas of practice may not cover your question. I practice Debt Settlement, Business, Asset Protection, Tax Reduction, Contracts, Real Estate Transactions, IRS, 501(c)3, State Departments: Labor and Industries, Employment Security, Revenue, Licensing.

State, local, and municipal law topics

Recommended articles about State, local, and municipal law