Can I sue someone to post my photos online?

Asked about 1 year ago - Brazil, IN

I had a relationship with an american guy, and he had a bunch of pictures of me (some almost naked, I took all the pictures). His ex girlfriend hacked his email and got my pictures. She is saying all pictures are online and telling a bunch of bad stuff to me. I do not know if those pics are online but if they are, what should I do? By the way I am not American and I do not live in US.

All the pictures were sent in private messages.

1. Kendra L. A. Stephen

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . The first thing you should do is locate the pictures. If the pictures have been posted you should contact the owner of the website and explain that you did not give her permission to post your pictures and ask them to remove the pictures. If they do not remove the pictures you hire an Attorney to send a cease and desist letter. If that doesn't work then you can have your Attorney file in court to have the photos removed.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . you can hire an attorney and file a lawsuit

3. Daniel Gary Rosenthal

Pro

Answered . Sorry, Avvo deals with U.S. law only. We can't get into Brazilian law here.