Can I sue someone that lives in NewYork, I live in Florida, but the incident happened in another city but in my state?

Jacksonville, FL |

The person in another state came down to my state and we went to another city (orlando) this person took the rental car and totaled it, I live in the state of florida, but not orlando, this person gave me a notorized letter stating what he did, can I sue this person if the live in New York and I live in Florida?

Yes. In cases like this I would have to say you need a local attorney.

You need to contact your own insurance company if you have not already done so. They can help guide you. Your own insurance company may have provided coverage for the rental car, or, one of your credit card companies.

Bonnie Riggens
Law Office of Bonita M. Riggens
669 1st Ave. N.
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Phone: 727-898-1401
Fax: 727-823-7351

Employment law representation: Contracts (Noncompete Agreements, Severance Negotiations), Defamation, Discrimination (Age, Disability, Gender, Pregnancy, National Origin, Race, Religion), Family and Medical Leave Act, Overtime Law. Privacy Law, Retaliation and Whistleblower Law, Sex Harassment, Unemployment Compensation, Unpaid Wages, USERRA