Can I sue someone if I paid for something and I didn't receive it?

Memphis, TN |

I ordered a yorker puppy on line yesterday and I was told that I would receive the puppy this morning . I haven't received the puppy . I did get an email saying that I needed to send more money before the puppy could be sent . We discussed a flat rate of $ 230 that would cover everything . Upon doing some research I found that I have been scammed . Can I sue the person that I sent the money to ?

1. You sent cash? or a money order? If you used a credit card, dispute the charge. Other than that, report it to the police.

The amount is not high enough to really benefit much from suing, unless you know enough about the person you sent the money to that you can serve them papers and sue in small claims court.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com

2. Sure.

If you can locate then. Prove the elements of a breach of contract, if you had one, or fraud, or convince a court of same. Your effort would be better spent notifying your state's attorney generals office and chalking this one up to a lesson learned. BTW, you can't even get shoes delivered the very next morning, how you could have believed a dog would be delivered to your house beats me.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.