Can I sue someone for posting pictures of my minor children online without my consent?

Asked about 2 years ago - Columbia, MO

Pictures were taken without my consent, and then posted without my consent, administrator of the mylife account has stated that these pictures will not be removed.. What can I do to not only remove the pictures of my minor children and also hold the person accountable for putting my childrens images online?

1. Barry Franklin Poulson

Answered . Most irritating, and it creates some risk. Do you have any idea why the person did this? Would they be amenable to taking the pictures down? The next stage of analsys is if they violated the law in taking the pictures. For example, it is one thing to take a picture at the public playground or the mall, another to sneak around, perhaps onto your land, and take a picture of your fenced yard. That would be an invasion of privacy. At present, the is little else to "hold them accountable for" since you have suffered no actual damage. Consider this step by step, and consult with an attorney where you can safely present all of the facts.