Can I sue someone for making a fake facebook account of me with a profile picture of me smoking marijuana?

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

a former friend who I had a falling out with texted me today saying he will make a new facebook account under my name and use a picture of me with the glass bowl as the profile picture ( thereby when employers or graduate schools google my name they might see it in the search results)

now that I have his admission on a text message from his personal cell phone number that he is willing to blackmail me on facebook and impersonate me on the internet, is that enough proof to sue someone just in case he actually goes through with making a fake facebook account or other social netoworking accounts under my identity? will his phone company release phone records which i have proof of if he actually impersonates me

the glass bowl suggest i was smoking marijuana but it is inconclusive, it could be tobacco or even nutmeg but an educated guess would conclude it is marijuana

Pro

2

Answered . Report the abuse to FB

2. John F. Fox Jr.

Answered . I would pay a lawyer to write a threatening letter saying that if he does do, it you will sue him for defamation and slander.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

1

Answered . Wait and see if he does it, then talk with an attorney. Or have an attorney send him a threatening letter.