Skip to main content

Can I sue someone for having me followed, my phone taped, and taking pictures of me where ever I go?

Mooresville, NC |

The women who is having this done to me is crazy. I helped her husband to find the right lawyer for a seperation and she proceeded to get my info through Haris Teeter. After doing that she went to my house and spoke with my dad and telling him I was having an affair with her husband. We set her up by sending love filled text to each other to prove she was hacking our phones and now she is doing it again. It has been the worst 8 months of my life. Please tell me where to go for help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Start with police if you believe she has tapped your phone or hacked your electronic devices.

WIth hard evidence you MIGHT be able to get a protective order--best to see a lawyer before attempting that couse of action.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III


I neglected to answer your question directly--'yes' you can sue. Anyone can sue anyone else. The real question is what would you sue for (what damages do you have--none stated), what evidence do you have, and could you win on the theory under which you sue.


Honestly, her having information you sent to someone else is not definitive proof that she is hacking your phone. Hacking your phone is actually not very easy. Unless she is a technical specialist or hired one, where would she have gotten access to your phone? It certainly is possible, but not very likely.

Perhaps the easiest way to settle things down is to put your friendship with her husband on hold until after a divorce is final.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs.


Call the police as suggested and file for a "50c" stalking protective order.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer