Skip to main content

Can i sue police dept for non investigation, brutality, entrapment, false arrest, sever nerve damage in right arm?

Redlands, CA |

Picked up an add from my campus for a room for rent. Rented the place and did my own repairs. landlady put a fraudulent restraining order on me, police would not help me get my belongings, impounded my car, tried to get me kick out f my university, dispatcher told me to go to the house if i wanted my stuff back, got brutalized and i have a witness statement, at the station got handcuff in a low squatting stress position to the bench with the handcuffs so tight i went into a seizure and passed out, i requested an ambulance, now have permanent damage in my right arm and hand. Was told the only way to get my stuff back would be t call us marshall. the claim to the city was denied and the citizen police report was denied by the chief of police of the city of Redlands without investigation

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Although some of this does no make sense to me... There really is no cause of action for non-investigation. I don't see an entrapment cause of action. The excessive force or brutality claim would seem to bevthevbetter voice. You need a civil rights attorney.

    This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.

  2. Makes little sense. Talk to a civil rights attorney and maybe they can figure it out.

    The information and legal suggestions made herein do not in any way create an attorney-client relationship. The responses provided herein discuss general principles of law and should not be relied upon by the asker in making legal decisions. Only an attorney who has met with the asker and fully reviewed the facts and circumstances of the asker's individual case should be relied upon for legal advice. If you find my suggestions helpful, please mark the appropriate box as helpful.

  3. You left out LOTS of information. No way to get a meaningful answer here other than to see a lawyer. FYI, the only thing you posted that raises a red flag is your injury. Act quickly in seeking that attorney, if you do not file a complaint agains the city withing a certain period of time (in many states/jurisdictions less than 90 days) you lose your chance to take any action.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics