Can I sue Paragard for IUD embedding?

Saint Louis, MO |

I went to get my Paragard IUD removed yesterday, which is supposed to be a simple procedure. One of the arms broke off and is embedded in my uterus. The IUD had slowly migrated down and was causing me intense pain and periods that lasted up to 10 days. The procedure to get the arm out may cause perforation to my uterus because of the way it's embedded. My other option is to get a hysterectomy, which I will have to do if the procedure perforates my uterus so I am probably just going to get one to avoid having 2 surgeries. Can I sue them?

1. I do NOT handle these claims, but I know of one firm that does. The issues are different than the Mirena failure to warn cases that lawyers want. www.Paragard-IUD-Lawyers.com

2. To find the right lawyers google "Paragard lawsuit".

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Mr. Behar gave you an interesting and good idea.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. Yes, if the Paragard IUD is defective or improperly designed. Also, it is possible that your doctor may not have removed it properly. If you are using an IUD, I'm assuming that you are young enough to have children. You might want to consider this if you feel you might need a hysterectomy. I would go to a doctor other than the one to removed it for a second opinion as to what your options are.