Can I sue or petition a class action lawsuit against the site mugshots.com, if I was the victim and not the one arrested, in NC?

Lattimore, NC |

This website has all the information correct except the fact that I was not arrested. I was the victim of a credit card scam from Facebook. This site wants money to have the information removed even if it is wrong. This site has my address for all to see. What can I do?

I agree that you probably don't need a class action suit. I am not sure if mugshots.com would be considered a member of the media, but the media is protected from suits for libel if what they report is "substantially" accurate. It sounds like they got the story very wrong, and you may have a claim. Print copies of what is on the website now and save them electonically, and save any evidence of any damages that result from this, such as if your employer has an issue with this or anything else happens. Consider consulting an attorney in your area to discuss a possible libel and defamation suit, and to get immediate assistance in having the information taken down.

Answers on avvo are for educational and informational purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact an attorney personally if you need legal representation.

If you look at each entry you will see the site doesn't claim a person was arrested or not, just that the records are official records. It sounds like you're assuming otherwise. Do they state it was an arrest? post the link.

Yes, you can sue mugshots.com. But first you have to find them. (OR) Mugshots.com can be served through their own website email if not in person. Since mugshots.com has blocked all information about their ownership, this may prove to be the only way. Once served, if mugshots.com fails to appear a Judgment will be issued against them and you automatically win your case. You can even file a case yourself without an attorney through small claims court.

Mugshots.com is misusing public records on a mass scale with intentional malice to say the least. All while Mugshots.com remains anonymous. Mugshots.com has their ownership information blocked. There's a lot of speculation but it all leads to dead-ends. Mugshots.com does not want the public to know who owns mugshots.com, or who operates mugshots.com. They pay a fee to their registrar to not only block their very own proprietary info but mask their info with misleading info. Despite what others would have you believe, YOU CAN SUE mugshots.com. But first you have to find out who owns the website. If all efforts fail to confirm ownership you can still sue mugshots.com and they can be process served through their own website. If they fail to appear in court after having been served, an automatic judgment will be entered in your favor and you win your lawsuit. If you pay them or have paid them any monies, you can sue them in small claims court. You don't need an attorney for small claims court.

File with IC3 http://blackmail-extortion.com/

http://whoscammedyou.com/scams/3266/profile.public.cfm?userID=2558. Craig Robert Wiggen, James Cody Wiggen and Tiffany Wiggen are listed as the owners

For anyone that is has ran into this problem please contact me. I found a lawyer who is willing to start a class action lawsuit against these sites. If you have your mugshot on one site, chances are it's on several sites. I too have the same problem. Please contact me so we can start this asap. My contact info is 262-287-5006. email- jrebel20@gmail.com. If you want the lawyer information he has an account on here, but I prefer not to give that out on here. I will give you all the information once I have been contacted. I need around 20 people who would like to join this class action lawsuit. Thank you for your time

I had contacted my lawyer about this and he told me that those mugshot websites are within it's rights to publish arrests records. I hired removemugshots.com to help me with the removal as I am planning to apply for a job. My mugshots are removed the same day I contacted them. They are also working on a lawsuit against mugshots.com. You can also contact removemugshots.com at 1 888 310 9707 for help.

Class Action Against Mugshot Websites http://counselor.pro/articles/class-action-against-mugshot-websites Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Exceeds authorized access, and obtains information from a protected computer (18 USC § 1030). Transfers (screen scraping), possesses and uses (website), a means of identification (mugshots), (18 USC § 1028A). Converts public records to his use (18 USC § 641). National Information Infrastructure Protection Act : Transmits advantages to foreign nations. Criminally infringes name and likeness copyrights for the purpose of commercial advantage (website) and private financial gain (18 USC § 2319 and 17 USC § 506). Governmental Prima Facie Evidence of name and likeness copyright: State Certified Birth Certificate, State Driver’s License, US Passport and other government documents and records “created” to identify and validate name and likeness. Holds to involuntary servitude by electronic means (18 USC § 1584). Stalks, harasses, intimidates and causes substantial emotional distress (18 USC § 2261A). Internet Spyware (I-SPY) Prevention Act : Intentionally obtains and transmits to another person information with the intent to defraud (unpublish/repair reputation). Transmits communication interstate with the intent to “injure reputation” to extort (unpublish/repair reputation), (18 USC § 875). As consideration for not informing demands money (unpublish/repair reputation), (18 USC § 873). Interstate collection of an unlawful debt (unpublish/repair reputation), (18 USC § 1962). A person(s) who receives, possesses, conceals, or disposes of any blackmail (unpublish/repair reputation) money (18 USC § 880). Search engines, hosting , reputation repair and consumer complaint companies aids and abets (18 USC § 2), conceals felony (18 USC § 4).

THANK YOU (WHOMEVER IS POSTING THIS LIST OF MUGSHOT INDUSTRY INFRACTIONS.. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your problem does not sound like it is suitable for treatment as a class action unless the web site has published many photos of crime victims, but incorrectly depicted or identified them as the perpetrators of the alleged crimes.

That said, if the site has falsely represented you as the alleged perpetrator of a crime rather than the victim, then you may have a viable individual cause of action for defamation. Being accused of a cime is certainly something that would harm your reputation, and in many jurisdictions it is considered slander per se -- meaning that you can recover compensatory damages even if you cannot prove that the defamatory statements caused you actual economic loss.

You should immedaitely consult with a lawyer in your state who is experienced in litigating defamation claims to see if you can bring a case.

Legal Information is Not Legal Advice My answer provides information about the law based on the limited information provided in the questions asked and is not intended to provide legal advice or opinions, and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. The answer to the question is for educational and informational purposes only. The law differs in each jurisdiction and may be interpreted or applied differently depending on the jurisdiction or situation. Accordingly, I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney to discuss the details of your problem so you can get legal advice tailored to your particular circumstances.

CRUNCHLINE LLC, Robert Wiggen, Tiffany A Wiggen, James Cody Wiggen, Alice Wiggen( also own ed by Wiggen as floridaarrest.org). They own mugshots.com reportedly.

This is how I got my mugshot taken down. 1. File a criminal complaint with IC3 http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx US CODE 18 USC § 1030 — Fraud and related activity in connection with computers 18 USC § 2701 — Unlawful access to stored communications 18 USC § 641 — Public money, property or records 18 USC § 2511 — Interception and disclosure of wire, oral, or electronic communications prohibited 18 USC § 2261A — Stalking 18 USC § 2319 — Criminal infringement of a copyright 17 USC § 506 — Criminal offenses Internet Spyware (I-SPY) Prevention Act of 2007 18 USC § 873 — Blackmail 18 USC § 880 — Receiving the proceeds of extortion 18 USC § 1342 — Fictitious name or address 18 USC § 1349 — Attempt and conspiracy 18 USC § 241 — Conspiracy against rights 18 USC § 2 — Principals 1. Send a Cease and Desist letter to: Department of Commerce GeneralCounsel@doc.gov Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) compliance@icann.org Sahar Sarid – mugshots.com 4400 NE. 26th Ave. Lighthouse Point, FL 33064 intlwhoisprivacy@gmail.com Amazon Web Services copyright@amazon.com 2. File a DMCA Takedown Google http://support.google.com/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1114905&page=ts.cs Yahoo copyright@yahoo-inc.com Bing & msn dmcaagnt@microsoft.com Issuance of Public Record voids it from public record (Exceptions: Media i.e. CNN, 18 USC § 2319 — Criminal infringement of a copyright). Stolen public records is theft of government property.