Skip to main content

Can i sue or imprison my ex-wife for intentional emotional-financial-bodily stress? she tries continously to have me arrested.

Paris, OH |

I'm currently on parole with a full time good job, i have paid my child support on time every 2 weeks for the last 7 years. she has contacted my p.o., child support and the judge saying i'm in arrears and i contacted child support and they state my record is EXCELLENT! She has contacted my employment trying to get me fired I have proof. We been divorced for 9 years and she keeps trying to cause problems, she has tried to have my fiance arressted 3 times already for stupid things (trespassing twice/phone harassment), this is getting old and stressful.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You should contact an attorney in your area who practices in the area of family law. He or she could be able to get a civil protection order against her.

    Also, said attorney could also try sending your ex-wife a cease-and-desist letter to let her know that if she doesn't knock her harassment off, that you may be able to sue her for slander.

    Your situation is not rare; I've dealt with a number of clients who have vindictive former girlfriends and wives.

    Also, you should document everything. Save pictures, emails, text messages, Facebook messages, etc, etc. Create a log and record incidents (i.e., date, time, description of what happened, witnesses to it, etc). The more detail, the better.

    Good luck!

    No attorney-client relationship is established via The material posted by Kyle J. Bristow, Esq., is for educational purposes for prospective clients only and people should not make legal decisions based on it. You are advised not to take, or refrain from taking, any action based on what Mr. Bristow has stated on this website.

  2. I wound get a restraining order against her based o this harassment, and if she violates her then she can be arrested. If you had an attorney for your divorce I would contact him/her.

    Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

  3. I agree with Attorney McCormick. Keep detailed records of her harassment. What she said, when she called or how she harassed you or your fiance. This will support your claim for a restraining order. It seems you have already explained the situation to child support, your employer and probation officer but if you haven't warn them about her so there is no surprises. Good Luck.

    -Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics