Can I sue Nursing Care Home for Severe Dehydration, Malnutrition, fall, bruises, now in Hospital, for all this abuse & neglect?

Asked 7 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

Nursing Care Home Facility has done all this to patient and pt is now clinging to his life in hospital, looking for tenured counsel in this matter. Have pix of bruises and extreme weight loss.

1. Ajay Mohan Kwatra

Pro

14

Answered . You need to consult with an experienced elder abuse attorney.

2. Kelly Scott Davis

Pro

15

Answered . If you currently have the power of attorney of the individual you may want to use it to request medical and nursing home records now, in case the person passes away and your authority under the power of attorney terminates. Then you can use the AVVO Find a Lawyer search tool to locate an experienced attorney who does nursing home abuse cases and make an appointment. They will want to review the records.

3. Asmik Jasmine Gevorkyan

13

Answered . Yes. You may have a good case. I've handled many elder abuse cases in Los Angeles area. There are deadlines for such cases and you should speak with an attorney ASAP. Should there be a liability against the nursing home the patient may recover compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering as well as punitive damages.

Jasmine Gevorkyan
    818-497-8565 direct

Pro

14

Answered . Depends if you have standing. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low contingency fee. Good luck.

5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

12

Answered . Yes, there may very well (and unfortunately) a case worth pursing. LA has attorneys who specialize in this complex field. Good luck.

6. Michael Brevda

Pro

12

Answered . Yes, that sounds consistent with elder abuse. You should get a local lawyer to look at the medical records to determine if you have a case.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope you can find good help.

Michael

Nothing in this answer is to be interpreted as legal advice. I would need more facts to fully assess your case.
  7. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

10

Answered . More facts are needed to be certain.

You certainly need to have a lawyer investigate this. A lot of firms, including mine, offer free consultations.

8. Josh P Tolin

11

Answered . Yes, I would consult with a local malpractice/elder care attorney who has experience in handling these types of cases. good luck to you.

9. Armen Michael Tashjian

Pro

9

Answered . 1. Yes the elder may sure for neglect.
    2. I've handled many such cases and will offer you a free consultation.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now