Skip to main content

Can I sue Nursing Care Home for Severe Dehydration, Malnutrition, fall, bruises, now in Hospital, for all this abuse & neglect?

Los Angeles, CA |

Nursing Care Home Facility has done all this to patient and pt is now clinging to his life in hospital, looking for tenured counsel in this matter. Have pix of bruises and extreme weight loss.

Attorney Answers 9

  1. Yes, there may very well (and unfortunately) a case worth pursing. LA has attorneys who specialize in this complex field. Good luck.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  2. If you currently have the power of attorney of the individual you may want to use it to request medical and nursing home records now, in case the person passes away and your authority under the power of attorney terminates. Then you can use the AVVO Find a Lawyer search tool to locate an experienced attorney who does nursing home abuse cases and make an appointment. They will want to review the records.

    Responses provided on Avvo are for general informational purposes only, based upon the limited information that is provided, and do not constitute legal advice. As such you should consult with your own attorney for specific advice. No attorney/client relationship exists with Kelly S. Davis unless set forth in a written engagement letter. The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any attorney as a specialist or expert. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer's credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise.

  3. Depends if you have standing. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low contingency fee. Good luck.

  4. Yes. You may have a good case. I've handled many elder abuse cases in Los Angeles area. There are deadlines for such cases and you should speak with an attorney ASAP. Should there be a liability against the nursing home the patient may recover compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering as well as punitive damages.

    Jasmine Gevorkyan
    818-497-8565 direct

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

  5. You need to consult with an experienced elder abuse attorney.

  6. Yes, that sounds consistent with elder abuse. You should get a local lawyer to look at the medical records to determine if you have a case.

    Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope you can find good help.


    Nothing in this answer is to be interpreted as legal advice. I would need more facts to fully assess your case.

  7. Yes, I would consult with a local malpractice/elder care attorney who has experience in handling these types of cases. good luck to you.

  8. More facts are needed to be certain.

    You certainly need to have a lawyer investigate this. A lot of firms, including mine, offer free consultations.

  9. 1. Yes the elder may sure for neglect.
    2. I've handled many such cases and will offer you a free consultation.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics