Can i Sue Net10 for false advertising on their unlimited data which is not unlimited?

Sumter, SC |

I bought a net10phone . The ads all say unlimited talk/text/picture/data-email and 411. All of the a sudden his internet gets turns off. i call them and they tell me he used all of his 1.5 gb of data. i asked them how ? i paid for unlimited everything !all their ads and retail places that sell it say its unlimited their website says unlimited ! and they said there is nothing they can do. i asked to talk to supervisor they transferred me to an automated system which tells you nothing and hangs up on you. well today 6/7/13 i paid $50 for another month of service and data and they tell me that my sons data will not be turned back on due to usage last month. and they will not give me any refund! so again i paid for unlimited everything and only have talk and text for the same amount?!?!?!?!

i was told by one of their reps that back in March 2013 they switched from unlimited to the 1.5 gb . But as i said before all their ads on tv ,on their website, on their packaging for the phones all and when i went to radio shack.

1. Contact an attorney in your area. What are your damages?

The information in this website is provided as a general legal reference . The reader is advised to check for changes to current law and to consult with a qualified attorney on any legal issue. The use of this material does not create an attorney-client relationship with the Lovely Law Firm or any of its attorneys. When transmitting information over this website, you understand and agree that Lovely Law Firm will have no duty to keep confidential the information. Because the information posted on this website is prepared for a general audience, without investigation into the facts of each particular case, it is not legal advice: neither Lovely Law Firm or any of its attorneys has an attorney-client relationship with you. The thoughts and commentary about the law contained on this site is provided as a service to the community, and does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. While we endeavor to provide accurate information at this website, we cannot guarantee that the information provided here (or linked to from this site) is accurate, complete, or adequate. We provide this general legal information on an ‘as-is’ basis. We make no warranties and disclaim liability for damages resulting from its use. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, so nothing provided at this site, should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel. Finally, using this website or sending email to the host does not create an attorney-client relationship. The material in this website may be considered advertising under applicable rules. If you need to speak to an attorney about your specific legal issue please call the Lovely Law Firm at 843-839-4111 http://www.justiceislovely.com

2. I am seeing a lot of complaints about this very issue. Apparently net10 got rid of unlimited data in March of 2013. You could sue in small claims court, but that could actually cost more than your damages. Make sure you have a copy of your contract that shows the unlimited nature of the service. If it is a month to month service, there probably isn't too much to be done. You could try speaking with a contract attorney about the case, but the problem is the amount of damages would be very low.

I would not be too surprised if a class action suit comes out of this at some point.

For a free consultation related to medical malpractice, personal injury, workers' compensation, social security disability or nursing home abuse, please contact Lowenthal & Abrams, PC at 1-800-876-5299. I am licensed in Pennsylvania, but members of my firm are licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance. I am licensed to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania.

Business topics