Skip to main content

Can i sue my sons Pediatrician?

Beverly, MA |

hello my name is matthw i wanted to know if i could sue my sons Pediatrician.  DR Paula Heimberg said she would no longer refill my sons prescription. she told us to call one place who told us they weren't taking on new patient but gave us a numder to call in salem they said the same thing but told us to call his PCP. we did and she wouldn't return are calls. now i'm moving my sons PCP to kids health and  Paula Heimberg is stalling on the paper work. my sons school has called and said they were concerned about him returning to school on monday if he doesn't have his prescription by then. my son is the one who is suffering from this and it is killing me he loves school but without his prescription he is have hard time with his work and friends

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Not sure this rises to malpractice but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have it reviewed by an attorney. Other than missing school, the claim for damages is the part I'm having trouble with. People are limited by the number of characters they can write and attorneys are limited the same way in responding.

It sounds like a new PCP is also needed. Wait for more answers here but schedule a consultation. Attorneys doing malpractice work typically do not charge a consultation fee.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.



thank you for your help

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson


You're welcome. Wait for some more answers as well.


Take him to an emergency room right away. They may be able to get him the medicine he needs to tide your child over until he can be seen by his new doctor. Good luck to you and your child!

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson


Good point


Best bet is for him to get a new doctor to get the treatment he requires.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer