Can i sue my sons Pediatrician?

Asked 10 months ago - Beverly, MA

hello my name is matthw i wanted to know if i could sue my sons Pediatrician.  DR Paula Heimberg said she would no longer refill my sons prescription. she told us to call one place who told us they weren't taking on new patient but gave us a numder to call in salem they said the same thing but told us to call his PCP. we did and she wouldn't return are calls. now i'm moving my sons PCP to kids health and  Paula Heimberg is stalling on the paper work. my sons school has called and said they were concerned about him returning to school on monday if he doesn't have his prescription by then. my son is the one who is suffering from this and it is killing me he loves school but without his prescription he is have hard time with his work and friends

Pro

6

Answered . Best bet is for him to get a new doctor to get the treatment he requires.

2. Lee Alan Thompson

5

Answered . Not sure this rises to malpractice but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have it reviewed by an attorney. Other than missing school, the claim for damages is the part I'm having trouble with. People are limited by the number of characters they can write and attorneys are limited the same way in responding.

It sounds like a new PCP is also needed. Wait for more answers here but schedule a consultation. Attorneys doing malpractice work typically do not charge a consultation fee.

3. Samuel Cohen

4

Answered . Take him to an emergency room right away. They may be able to get him the medicine he needs to tide your child over until he can be seen by his new doctor. Good luck to you and your child!