Can I sue my school for neglect?

Fontana, CA |

I am currently enrolled in a nursing program and the clinical site that I was placed at is in an area known for its crime. Two weeks ago, at 5:20am there was a drive by shooting on the street where I parked; my classmates and I witnessed the shooting and was questioned by police. We had informed our instructor who told us to return to campus. Upon doing so, we wrote up a summary of the event and our concerns about returning to that cite and presented it to our Director of nursing. The next week the president of the school informed us that they were working on a plan to provide safety for us and would keep us updated; but we had to continue going to that clinical cite. They have yet to provide us with any more information; we have voiced we wish not to return. Could we sue the school?

Sue the school for what? Nothing has happened to you! You want to collect money to redress your losses? Your injuries? What?

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

You could quit and negotiate for a return of a portion of your tuiton/fees.

You have no damages upon which to sue the school for.

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law