Can I sue my previous employer for lost wages?

Brooklyn, NY |

I was recently hired by a big name chain store, I called out and took 4 or 5 days off based on doctor's advice. I was fired for no call no show (I did call) even after I presented doctors note. Then I spoke to a hr rep who told me the note was good and she just needing something saying that I was physically able to return to work, I presented that note and was re hired. Shortly after I worked for 2 days then my manager told me I was not in the system. I called the same hr rep who then told me I was fired again because management is not accepting notes. (even after they all ready approved it) It took me a month to get re hired, then a month to find out I was never re hired. This prevented me from looking for another job because I was told I did have a job. Can I sue?

NY is an at will employment state meaning you may e terminated for any reason, so long as a constitutionally protected right is not violated...