Can I sue my ob doctor for making a big c-section?

Asked over 1 year ago - Downers Grove, IL

My son was diagnosed w a teratoma -tumor in the neck when I was 30w from a mfm dc. 1 out of 40,000ppl in the world have kids w this birth defect.By week 34 I was moved to far out to Chicago, and met a team of 25 doc that would do an exit procedure to deliver the baby. I had a previous pregnancy delivered normally this was my second with planned c-section. Week 36 I was delivered because my water broke and sign consent for a csection. My understanding is doctors do ultrasounds to see if baby's are breech and then they know we're to make the incision. Now my cut was made from my top of my vigina running way past my navel to my ribs. like too incision in one, as if he said oops can't find the baby let me cut more and he took my uterus out(i have pics from surgery). The big cut could beeavoid

1. Judy A. Goldstein

4

Answered . If you believe your doctor acted improperly, gather all your medical records and bring them to a medical malpractice attorney for review. The attorney will most likely need a second medical opinion.

2. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

3

Answered . I've seen this question posted before and my answer remains that this is not malpractice. Also, even it were, the damages are too minimal to make pursuit of a claim economically silly.

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

3. Alexander Mchenry Memmen

3

Answered . I don't see a malpractice case here.

Pro

3

Answered . To sue for medical malpractice, there would need to be a breach of the standard of care and damages to justify the suit.