Can i sue my nursing program for harassment and bullying?

Filed under: Education law

I am a male and graduated, but only recently told that i can sue my school over past events, i was picked on based on personality clashes by professors and forced to endure insults and personal questioning i couldn't refuse answering, subjected to extreme disciplinary actions including referral to psychological counseling and probation, all that while other students did not get punished even remotely close to the level i was punished. This caused me a lot of stress, medical problems, and quite a bit of suffering. Some of the events are documented in paperwork they forced me to sign over the years. A lot of the harassment seemed to be based on the background that i am a male, caucasian and of a certain religion. So based on this limited information, can i do anything?

1. Probably not, because it sounds like you've waited for years, which is too long to address this. Discrimination claims have to be brought within a certain time, whether you were told or became aware of any potential claims or not.

See a discrimination lawyer to discuss the details of your situation.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT, EMAIL ME OR PHONE ME. I'm only licensed in CA. This answer doesn't make me your lawyer, and neither do follow-up comments and/or emails and/or phone calls, and you shouldn't expect me to respond to your further questions if you haven't hired me. We need an actual agreement confirmed in writing before any attorney-client relationship is formed. This answer doesn't constitute legal advice, and shouldn't be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Education law topics