Can i sue my local union for lost wages.

Asked about 2 years ago - Middle Island, NY

Recently two co workers wanted to work on the machine that i have worked on for two years.
The supervisor would be the person to make this decision .On this day the shop steward came over and told the supervisor that he wanted the two senior people on the machine.There is no agreement with the union and work that say's a senior person can choose what machine they can work on.Also the shop steward isn't suppose to get involed in making any type of decsion.they are suppose to be impartcial .I had to leave and i lost a days pay.can i sue the local for a days pay.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . I think ultimatly its your employer who refused to let you work. How much is a day's pay? Is it worth the filing fees and service or process fees and the time necessary for you to go to court? No lawyer will take the case as its too small.

2. Arthur H. Forman

Pro

Answered . Why not ask the union for an explanation. It sounds like there was not enough work for all of you and you had less seniority.

3. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

Answered . Sue them for failing to enforce provisions that you say do not exist? You are joking, right?