Can i sue my local union for lost wages.

Middle Island, NY |

Recently two co workers wanted to work on the machine that i have worked on for two years.
The supervisor would be the person to make this decision .On this day the shop steward came over and told the supervisor that he wanted the two senior people on the machine.There is no agreement with the union and work that say's a senior person can choose what machine they can work on.Also the shop steward isn't suppose to get involed in making any type of decsion.they are suppose to be impartcial .I had to leave and i lost a days pay.can i sue the local for a days pay.

1. Sue them for failing to enforce provisions that you say do not exist? You are joking, right?

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

2. I think ultimatly its your employer who refused to let you work. How much is a day's pay? Is it worth the filing fees and service or process fees and the time necessary for you to go to court? No lawyer will take the case as its too small.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Why not ask the union for an explanation. It sounds like there was not enough work for all of you and you had less seniority.