Can I sue my lawyer for misconduct?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Miami, FL

I was being represented in a criminal case. I paid $5k to the attorney and signed an agrrement that he would represent me for that amount. Then he decides that I need another attorney to help him and has me pay this other guy another $2500. Long and behold the other guy demands $2500 more from me or he will withdraw from the case. Well I let him withdraw. Now I take to plea just to get out of the situation and now my attorney is demanding an additional a $5k to represent me in a restitution hearing. Can they do that. Push me here and there and neglect the written contract. Furthermore, he didn;t even show up to the last hearings. He sends another guy to stand in his place cause his leg was broken and he tells me that I need to pay that guy for that. Do I have any recourse?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Linda Friedman Ramirez

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . I would recommend that you consult confidentially with another attorney regarding the written contract/agreement with your original attorney as well as your discussions with him/her. Unfortunately it will be difficult for anyone to provide you with an opinion without looking at the terms of the written agreement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,411 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,411 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering