Can I sue my Landlord without a rental agreement because of harassing me

Asked 7 months ago - Port Huron, MI

My Landlord has been harassimg me over rent owed to her and will not extent time for me to pay and there is no rental agreement between us can I sue her for harassment

1. Melissa J. Houghton-Heinig

Answered . Your landlord is not harassing you if he/she is asking you to pay the rent you owe. The landlord does not need to extend you time to pay and should being the proceedings to evict you through the Court system. You do not need a rental agreement for you to have a contract. It sounds to me that you have a month-to-month contract and that is a contract, written or not.

Pay your rent.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Perhaps. You didn't really describe anything harassing.

LL is not obligated to give you more time, but must follow your state's laws regarding termination.

Recommend you chat with a LL tenant attorney in your area ASAP.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now