Can I sue my Landlord without a rental agreement because of harassing me

Port Huron, MI |

My Landlord has been harassimg me over rent owed to her and will not extent time for me to pay and there is no rental agreement between us can I sue her for harassment

Perhaps. You didn't really describe anything harassing.

LL is not obligated to give you more time, but must follow your state's laws regarding termination.

Recommend you chat with a LL tenant attorney in your area ASAP.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

Your landlord is not harassing you if he/she is asking you to pay the rent you owe. The landlord does not need to extend you time to pay and should being the proceedings to evict you through the Court system. You do not need a rental agreement for you to have a contract. It sounds to me that you have a month-to-month contract and that is a contract, written or not.

Pay your rent.

***Answering legal questions is a complex matter and cannot be done without further research. My answer here is based solely on the information given in the question and should be taken as informational only. This is not legal advice. My answer here does not indicate that I represent you now, or that I will represent you at a later time. I take clients on a case-by-case basis, and only after initial consultations. ***