Can I sue my landlord for slip and fall accident injuries that occurred outside of where I live

Asked over 5 years ago - Saint Paul, MN

i fell outside of where i live. i had to have x-rays and i am now seeing a chiropractor. am i entitled to out of pocket expenses?

1. Jonathan Gregg Stein

Answered . Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you have put all of the information in your question. Also, there may be future facts that are as yet undetermined in your matter, that can and must leave some areas of information provided by me broad in nature. However, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if needed! That being said...

It depends. If you fell because of the negligence of your landlord, you have a case for medical bills, wage loss and pain and suffering. However, if your landlord was not at fault, you have no case. Take some pictures and consult with an attorney near you.

Legal Disclaimer. By requesting this information, you expressly agree to the following: The information given is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship. The only method of gaining an attorney/client relationship with me is via a retainer and signed fee agreement, which is not offered via this site. I am providing only resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular rights and needs. My answer is limited to the facts presented with the understanding that you will do your proper due diligence and appropriate follow up with an attorney licensed in your state. I also am licensed to practice only in California, which may not be the state where this information is being provided or state whose law would apply, if any. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites.

2. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

Answered . Hard to believe, but it depends. Don't let the statute of limitations run. See a lawyer.

3. Ross Adam Jurewitz

Pro

Answered . The answer is that it depends and I cannot give you a conclusive answer based upon the facts in your post. If you were still on your landlord's property when you slipped and fell, your landlord may be liable for your injuries. But only if you slipped and injured yourself due to a dangerous condition on the property that your landlord knew or should have known about prior to the accident and failed to repair or warn you about. If that is the case, then your landlord may be liable for your injuries.