Can i sue my landlord for not repairing the roof and causing the leaking ceilings to cause mold and pieces of ceiling to fall?

Hartford, CT |

repairs to the ceiling have been made,but NOT to the roof which is causing the leak. the Department Of Environmental Health inspected our apartment and demanded the problem with the roof be fixed. NO REPAIRS to the roof have been made,ONLY to the ceiling in our apartment. so a little time passed and the ceiling started leaking again and pieces of it began to fall on my girlfriend and i as we showered. black spots have now formed on the window sill in the bathroom and the ceilings in our sons room and kitchen have water leaks and started to peel. and actively dripping as it rains.

If you are having no luck on your own, document everything and seek the assistance of an experienced attorney in your area familiar with landlord/tenant law. You should not have to live like that. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

Sure but what are your damages? If you have a written lease, you can claim constructive eviction, move out, and sue for the difference in rent if any, moving expenses, etc.

Landlord-tenant topics