Can I sue my landlord for falling up stairs, if my injury was just a bad bruising without going to the hospital?

New York, NY |

The public staircase on our first level have uneven tread on them. They are all missing parts of the tread, one has no tread (bare wood), and all have worn down tread. Today I fell going up the stairs and hurt my shin badly. I have a big egg on it, but it does not require hospital treatment. Is it worth pursuing in any legal way? Thank you

1. If the stairs are out of code you have a great case.
    Get a lawyer ASAP.

2. This claim may be tough, especially if you have walked over that area before.. But contact a local attorney here to further advise you.

Tim

3. No medicals, not much of a case. Probably not worth your time if no damages.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

4. Your medicals sound temporary and the cost of proving a case will make it difficult to find an attorney willing to do more than submit a claim. Feel free to consult with a lawyer but don't be surprised if you find no takers.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change appropriately.

5. If you just have a bruise I doubt any experienced attorney would be interested.

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

6. A small bruise case would cost thousands more than would be recovered.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

7. There are a huge number of attorneys who will take a case like this one. All you need to do is find their ads and call them.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

8. Not economically viable based upon your facts