Can i sue my Landlord for being sick from Mold in my Apartment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Piscataway, NJ

I have a lung disease. I have been sick since Jan 2013, me and doctor couldn't understand why i was being so sick. Found out there was mold in the apartment. Landlord didn't do anything to resolve the mold problem. I was let out of the lease, that was it. I did call an Environmental Company to come out and check, I paid to have mold kit tested. Now that I'm in my new apartment I'm still sick. My doctor said the spores are in my property.

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Have a local lawyer in your city investigate

2. Matthew C Simon

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Take the results from the testing to an experienced personal injury attorney asap. Many lawyers, such as myself, offer free 30 minute consultations. Good luck.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

3

Answered . What did the Enviromental Company find, take those results to an Attorney

4. Steven Todd Keppler

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues - you should speak with a personal injury attorney at your earliest opportunity to discuss the situation in detail. You may have a cause of action for lung disease, as well as remediation of any mold in your current property brought over in furnishings from the previous apartment (if any), among other potential damages.

5. Mark Theodore Sadaka

Pro

Answered . Mold exposure cases are extremely challenging scientifically. It would be important to know from what injury you are suffering. You can give my office a call to discuss.