Can I sue my job for sending me home without pay because they do not have access codes for me?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Detroit, MI

I was recently re-hired as csr at my job with no problem after leaving due to medical reasons. I have been back now for 3 months and my job has not provided me with access codes for me to work. They have me sitting with someone listening to their calls. My supervisor is giving me attiude every time she sees me. Then she tells me that I must go home without pay because I have no access codes. I am the only person this has happened to. There has been at least 90 new hires since I've come back and they all are working. Please help and tell me what can I do. I have not been fired but I am not allowed to work.

1. Andrey T. Tomkiw

Answered . In a nutshell an employer can send you home with no pay. However, you may then qualify for unemployment benefits if you suffer a reduction in pay.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change