Skip to main content

Can i sue my insurance company for pain and suffering if i had a hit and run accident?

Baltimore, MD |

driviing beltway for at least 30 min, turned right on to exit. looked both ways turning left hit from behind. hear boom car has landed in front of a tree,blacked out

Attorney Answers 9

  1. If you were rear-ended and injured by an unidentified driver, then yes, you can make a claim against your own policy for Uninsured Motorist coverage. See a personal injury lawyer near you.

  2. Yes, review your policy and see what your policy limits for uninsured motorist coverage. This will also apply to all other occupants in your vehicle. You need to call personal-injury attorney immediately pursue your rights. I can assist in Maryland if you need help.

  3. Uninsured motorist coverage applies to accidents and damages caused by a motorist that does not have insurance. Most states require uninsured motorist coverage in all policies sold within their state. Call a car accident attorney in your area to see if you have coverage that applies to this car accident.

    24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4300 or visit us on the Web at

  4. Yes, you may sue your own insurance company for pain and suffering and all other damages resulting from a hit and run accident, if your policy of insurance had uninsured motorist coverage at the time of accident.
    I suggest you contact a lawyer in your area for assistance.

  5. Yes.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. You can access my Legal Guides through my profile page.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

    This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  6. Yes, a local lawyer can pursue a claim.

  7. If you carried uninsured motorist coverage than you certainly can bring a claim under those facts.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

  8. You can def make a chain under your uninsured motorist policy, including a claim for pain and suffering.

    Feel free to call if you want to chat about your rights.

    Lawrence Holzman
    The Holzman Law Firm, LLC. 8955-A, Edmonston Road, Greenbelt, Md 20770, (301) 876-4393.

  9. Hit and run accidents where the vehicle, driver or insurance cannot be identified are a basis for filing an uninsured motorist claim. The uninsured motorist must be at fault for the accident. Rear end collisions are common cause for fault in an accident assuming both parties are traveling in the same lane prior to impact and assuming your state does not have a sudden stop defense. An attorney in your county will be able to handle this car accident case for you.

    24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics