Skip to main content

Can i sue my former employer for discrimination?

Staffordsville, KY |

I resigned my position with my former employer.I gave 3 weeks notice,so it waasnt like i quit.I had been an assistant manager for 10 years and hardly ever missed work.I felt i did my job.Anyway i have been a month without a job and i decided to go back to work with the same employer,part time mind you.I didnt want my old job back.The actual store manager said he wanted me back but i had to go through the whole interview process and the district manager would have to approve it.Thats when i got a red flag.Anyway i went through the interview.But why wouldnt they hire me back?I am just asking for part time and god knows they need the help.They wouldnt have to train me or worry about me not being there cause i never miss.I just think this is wrong and i think the DM is making this personal.

Attorney Answers 2


The facts you describe above contain nothing that makes me suspect unlawful discrimination. You do not indicate a refusal to hire you on the basis of race, gender, national origin, religion, color, or other impermissible classification. So I see no basis for a claim of discrimination in employment. It's perfectly lawful to refuse to hire someone on the basis of most reasons other than these.

Not legal advice as I don't practice law in Kentucky. If you need legal advice, please consult a lawyer who holds Kentucky licensure.

Good luck in your job search.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I agree with my colleague. Even if the DM is making it personal and discriminating against you, there is no illegal discrimination. This is not because of race. sex, age, religion, etc. It may be because you left and DM felt betrayed. That is not a cause to sue.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

Mark as helpful

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics