Can I sue my fiancé 's ex wife for slander, moral defamation or libel ?

Asked 6 months ago - La Mesa, CA

My fiance's ex wife wrote a letter to my work place attempting to get me fired. Made false allegations against me and filed motion to strike in order to revoke the active restraining order against her that I filed last year. She's been trying to coerce my fiance to side her false allegations so RO will revoke. She wants to have access to their kids 24/7 when they're (kids) with us ( me and my fiancé), what can I do to stop her harassing me from my work place. She been causing too much stress and scandalous where I work. I'm an Er nurse and I have a very good reputation being a good RN for 18 years until she brought the drama at my work place :(

1. Richard Todd Rosenstein

4

1

Answered . You should pose this question to the attorney who is handling the family law case. Generally speaking, the filing of information in court proceeding is usually shielded from derivative tort actions by the litigation privilege. You should defend the motions in court and clarify any misstatements of fact.

2. John M O'Brien

Pro

4

1

Answered . As my colleague said, you should file a report to the police about her violating the restraining order

3. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

Answered . Well, give this some real thought before you step off of that ledge.

She sure as heck sounds judgment proof to me.

You can chase a defamation judgment for a couple of years, though. You won't find any skilled lawyer willing to do this case on contingency, so you will need to fund the case as you go. Several thousand dollars usually. It can take a year or two or even three. If you win, there is probably nothing to collect on. If there is, paying your judgment will diminish her assets and your fiance's support obligations will go up to compensate for her diminished financial capability. God knows what the family court judge will think of you as the fiance on the warpath and how that will play out in the family court results. But, yeah, heck yeah. You can give this one a run if you've a mind to.