Can I sue my ex wife civilly?

Asked over 1 year ago - Langhorne, PA

my divorce started in 2008 and ended in 2011 in pa. questions arose during my divorce that just recentley had me do a dna test on my son. just found out after 19 years that hes not my son. i would have never married back in 1992 if she wasnt pregnent. she really fooled me into thinking that i was the biological father. now what!!!!!!

1. Alyssa Harland Knisely

Answered . Unfortunately, there's no proper civil action to bring. This is a classic example of paternity by estoppel. Even if you wanted to be declared "not the father" you could not. I don't care if you had a 1000 DNA tests to prove it.

2. Carmine John Giardino

Answered . If you don't already have a lawyer, hire one to help you. The law is complex and there may be things that can be done that you didn't know about. Good luck!