Can i sue my ex wife civilly?

Asked over 1 year ago - Langhorne, PA

my divorce started in 2008 and ended in 2011 in pa. questions arose during my divorce that just recentley had me do a dna test on my son. just found out after 19 years that hes not my son. i would have never married back in 1992 if she wasnt pregnent. she really fooled me into thinking that i was the biological father. now what!!!!!!

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Erin Patricia Farley

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You were betrayed, and your anger is justified. At the same time, this child knows you as his dad. You ARE his dad. Nothing can change that.

    I will re-tag the question for the personal injury attorneys; but my colleague is right, unless mom has money, it likely won't be worth your effort.

  2. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Does she have any money, if no you are wasting your time, you shoul consult a PA Attorney

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced... more
  3. Kenan Lee Isitt

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No, not based on what you've posted.

  4. Robert Bruce Kopelson


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Check with a lawyer in your state. Some states wont allow such a case. Dont know about PA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,455 answers this week

2,730 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary