Can i sue my ex husband in a civil suit for lieing in family court if i can prove it

Asked about 3 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

my ex husband sued me for custody of my kid who is not his kid slandering me and lied under oth and i can prove it his suit cost me a lot of money i did not have.

Pro

1

Answered . May be difficult to prove without sufficient evidence, however, contact a lawyer in your city for a free consultation to discuss.

.
  2. Garrett David May

Answered . You certainly can sue. You will have a very hard time finding an attorney that will take this case on a contingency fee, so you will have out of pocket legal costs and fees. Something to consider as well is that he probably committed perjury; contracting the local DA might be worth it.

I am sorry for this ordeal and wish you the best of luck.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

Answered . Proving and winning are not always the same. Be prepared for an uphill battle and expense. Good luck.

4. Robert David Shapiro

Answered . You don't have a lot of details in your question, but instead of a civil suit, why not have your family lawyer file a motion to show cause to hold your husband in contempt for lying to the court assuming you have irrefutable evidence. Once a finding of contempt is made, you may be able to pursue restitution for costs, etc. By irrefutable evidence, I don't mean a swearing match where you swear that you are telling the truth and your husband is telling the truth. I mean finding a "smoking gun" such as another person who is independent of you willing to testify that your husband made everything up simply to get revenge, etc. or something similar to this.