Can i sue my employer for telling everyone at work that i failed my drug test

Woodstock, IL |

I found out that my past employer told everyone that i was fired because i supposivly failed a drug test i have had many employee call me asking. i am embarrarsed that there are employees telling me should they even know and they dont have any reason knowing. Can i use them as witnesses to what happened. did they violate hipaa

I can't answer your question online without further details. In general, you may have a claim but I suggest you talk to an experienced employment lawyer. Most of us provide freed consultations.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. You should be aware that no attorney-client relationship is established through this answer and none will be established without a personal consultation and the signing of an engagement agreement.

I agree with Attorney Friedman and would add that it would be in your best interest to obtain at least 2 consults with Illinois employment lawyers. Those of us who practice employment law and whom answer questions posted on AVVO are a good place for you to start your search for Illinois-based employment law - legal counsel. Good luck and best regards, Rob Fortgang - Employment Law Attorneys / 800-932-6457 / rob@fortgangemploymentlaw.com / We can Help.