Can I sue my employer for not notifying me that they don't plan on good faith negotiations for renewal per my contract?

Asked 12 months ago - Woodmere, NY

My contract says that my employer must notify me at any time during my 3 year contract term if they don't plan on engaging in good faith negotiations with me for renewal. I was made aware that behind my back, my employer has been in talks to assign my contract to another employer( through my contract's assignment clause) without notifying me. Can I sue them for breach of contract for not informing me of their plans to not notify me of their plans to not engage in good faith negotiations for renewal as the contract says they are required to do?

1. John P Corrigan

1

Answered . You can sue if you want but what are your damages that you seek?

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

1

Answered . If there is still time under the contract, then they could still negotiate. Also, what are your damages if they do not renew?

3. Arthur H. Forman

Pro

1

Answered . If you never had an employment attorney review the contract before you signed, you should have it reviewed now and discuss your options with the lawyer. All legal documents should be shown to a lawyer before you sign it.