Skip to main content

Can I sue my employer for discrimination

Diamond Bar, CA |

I have been working for my employer for 3 years now.Last month I requested to be provided with a religious accomodation to wear truban due to my manager answered that he has to transfer me to another position wich has to be in the back due to the company dress has been a month now and the company has over 2000 workers.I think it should be easier for them to get me another position.I was complaining about discrimination and favoritism at workk place before including breaks that were denied but still my managers didnt act to stop it.My question is Do I have a case.If yes,How do I file a cas against my employee and what are my chances.Shouldnt my employer beeing contacting me to offer any job ???How much time do I have to allow them to process my request?

I have been complaning first for discrimination againt my race.the dress code is that you are not allowed to wear anything on your head,wich I do,wear do mu religious belifs a year now but have to take it once i come to work

Attorney Answers 2


It depends what kind of company this is and what your job is. An employer can enforce certain dress code/grooming rules if they're not discriminatory.

It's unclear what discrimination you were complaining about "before." Was this also about your religion?

See an employment litigator to fully disclose the facts of your particular situation. In the meantime, prepare a chronology of everything you've experienced and witnessed, with names, dates, and other witnesses to every event.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I agree with Ms. Koslyn -

you should prepare a full written summary of everything that has happened, along with any supporting documentation. Take this to a qualified employment law attorney. Nobody should give you advice without all the facts.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics