Can I sue my employer for breach of contract

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

My contract states that I would be paid a certain salary, I received my first check for two full weeks of work and after I calculated taxes and all it comes out to be $4000 less than what my contract states. Should I take legal action or try to talk it out with my employer?

1. Michal Falkowski

1

Answered . Exactly, I agree with my colleague. Try to talk to out with your employer and/or human resources first. Bring your employment contract with you. If that doesn't resolve the discrepancy, bring your contract and any additional paperwork to a contract attorney for review. Best of luck.

2. Andrew Endicott Schrafel

1

Answered . Talk it out with your employer. The courts are an option of last resort.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

Answered . Speak with an employment lawyer and bring along the contract to review before suing or discussing with the employer. Yiu want to be sure that your interpretation is correct.