Can i sue my doctors for medical malpractice.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Leavenworth, KS

My son is 1 years old and from day 1 it looks like he hadn't be circumcision. Even thought he was at the hospital. Now he has an infection and i ask my pediatrician and he said he has to have it re-done when hes 2 years old. My pediatrician said it was botch.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A local malpractice lawyer would need to order the records to review.

  2. Elizabeth Taylor Herd


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to call a local attorney for evaluation. There are time limits on bringing a claim and you should call right away.

  3. David Brian Snyder


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . In order to pursue a claim, it would recommend that you obtain your records from the hospital where the circumcision was performed the first time. I agree with my colleagues that there is a limited time for you to bring this action and that you should act as quickly as possible to protect your son's interest. If you are not comfortable with the physician who is treating your son, you always have the option of seeking a second opinion.

    As with all malpractice cases, a bad outcome does not necessarily mean that there was malpractice. Malpractice is the breach of the standard of care. A physician will have to review the records and your son's treatment and condition in order to determine whether or not there was malpractice. Please call an attorney as soon as possible.

Related Topics

Medical malpractice

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Surgical malpractice and personal injury

Surgical malpractice occurs when a medical professional makes an error during surgery that was both preventable and beyond the normal risks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,099 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,099 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering