Can I sue my doctor is the prescription cream / lotion burned and left me with a scar for life and it's been 5 hrs

Asked 12 months ago - Memphis, TN

And I am suffering from emotional distress ever since I have seen over 3 dermatologist over the years to try reverse the damage but was told that it is permanent do I have a case.

Sorry I meant it's been 5 years

1. Russell Warren Lewis IV

Pro

7

Answered . In Tennessee, medical malpractice claims must generally be filed within one year. There are some exceptions to this rule.

2. John Jay Clark

6

1

Answered . Tennessee has very strict statutes of limitation periods gor medical malpractice actions. You need to speak with an attorney as soon as possible.

3. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . You should consult with a personal injury attorney in Tennessee immediately. Most initial consultations are free. If you can prove the burn was caused by the cream/lotion and that you could not have done anything (like leave it on too long) that would have caused the burn, and you have not missed the statute of limitations in Tennessee, you may have an action for disfigurement/emotional distress against the manufacturer.

Pro

3

Answered . Past SOL

5. David Craig Lee

Answered . No, you have missed the one year statute of limitations.

Of course, there are exceptions but generally it seems as though you would not fit into an exception. Consult a lawyer.

6. David Ian Schoen

Pro

1

Answered . Whats been 5 hours?

7. Josh P Tolin

Answered . I have filed several cases in Shelby County, and I believe it is a 1 year statute. You may want to speak to someone local to see what exceptions may apply. More than likely, you are too late.