Can I sue my doctor for revealing private information to my employer?

Tampa, FL |

I owe $98 to my doctor's office for a recent visit. I did not receive my insurance card until the day after I went to see him. His office manager took it upon herself to call my job ( more than once) and informed my employer that I had an overdue balance. When my boss told her I was out of the office the nurse insulted my boss, got loud with her on the phone and was very rude to the point my boss had to hang up on her. Did she break some privacy law and if so what is the next step for me to take for I am not letting her get away with this.

I do not think that a privacy law was violated. It does not sound like they disclosed any information about your medical records.

This provides general information about Pennsylvania personal injury lawsuits and other legal information. Nothing here is intended to be legal advice. Nothing here constitutes the formation of an attorney client relationship. Nothing here is not intended to solicit clients outside the State of New Jersey or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In order to discuss representation, we must personally speak with you and enter into a signed, written agreement for representation.

This is not a sound basis for a lawsuit. The medical office has an inartful employee. Most who have to deal with her will simply recognize that she is unskilled and move past it.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.